FemFest Jamaica is the first event of its kind in the Caribbean. The event promises to be more than just a Music Festival and Expo.
“Our mission is to showcase female excellence in all forms, and we will be highlighting over 20 females in the field of business, entertainment, education and sports with a FemFest Honouree Award. We will be issuing 3 Lifetime Achievement Award,” says Event Organizer, Alicia-ann Carpio Roxborough, aka Sassydivva, TV and Radio Personality Host of “The Sassy Show” and CEO of Sassy Entertainment Marketing Media Agency.
February is known as “Black History Month” as well as “Reggae Month”, what a better way to celebrate and honour them, by launching this event with “The Sassy Show Exclusive” interviews on Ready TV, which will be aired March 1, 2019. March is the month of excellence, a month when we honour females internationally from different walks of life and Religions and so we will be honouring our females on Saturday March 23, 2019, on The McMaster Roof, Portmore Mall in St. Catherine.
The Festival is set to begin at 10am with exhibitions from Ceejarts, Flavor Fresh, Jelles Body Essentials, Jeragro Valley, Icravetones, Ready TV, My Budget Leaf, Mo’s Beauty Supplies, The Beauty Hair Hut, Mickalia Symone Designs, Nj Fashions, Unregretful Hair Ja, Wunder Krafts and more, including an All-Star Female Artist performances.
Our goal is to Empower, Educate and Execute, hence we will have a series of panel discussions starting at 4:30 pm with the “Business Segment” with guest speaker Xavier Campbell of Sure Pass Institute and Structural Creations, Small Business Loan Officer and Kerron Clarke CEO of My Budget Leaf. They will be speaking on the topic “Let Your Budget Fit”.
Then moving straight into the “A Woman’s World” discussion with special guest speakers such as Simone Green of National Center For Youth Development, Scholar & Motivational Speaker Kemisha Kelly, CEO of Taylormade PR & Events Talisa Taylor, along with Top Gynaecologist /Obstetrician Dr Garth McDonald, who will be speaking about “Womb Wellness” Session and personal trainer David Perry and Recording Artist and Fitness expert Stacious will speak on “Fitness.”
The Festival’s daytime activities will be hosted by Geezy B, host of Hype TV’s 876 Hip Hop, with “GEM’S OF DANCEHALL & REGGAE” segment featuring live performances from Miss Chin, Saine, Sekkelz, Dasia, Nateesha Stream, Angel Eyes, and more.
The fashion show will feature Clapfashions, Leanora’s Sandals, Kisses Boutique and Mickalia-Symone Designs & NJ Fashions & Accessories.
The catch of the night is the award show. Honourees include:-
- “Business Woman of the Year” Miss Shanlane Lee-Chin CEO of Flavor Fresh Bakery & Izzy Treats
- “Book of the Year” Make it Count by Nicole McLaren Campbell
- “Youth Worker of the Year” Miss Simone Green, NCYD Parish Coordinator
- Scholar and Youth Advocate, Miss Kemisha Kelly
- Educator and Principal of Waterford Primary School, Mrs. Octavia Waite
- “Best New TV Show” “The Release” Miss Talisa Taylor
- “Female Album of the Year” Spice
- “Song of the Year” Shenseea
- “Most Improved Female Artist” Pamputtae
- “Best Social Media Site” Deardream
- “Female Producer of the Year” DJ Sparks
- “Breakout Dancehall Artist of 2018” Yanique Curvy Diva
- “Most Consistent Dancehall Artist” D Angel
- “Most Consistent Reggae Artist for 2018” Stacious
- “Breakout Reggae Artist of the Year” Koffee
- Female Director of the Year 2018” Sasha Bling
Lifetime Achievement Awards Honourees
- Sharon Burke – Lifetime Achievement Industry Award
- Macka Diamond – Lifetime Achievement Award in Music
- Dancing Expression – Lifetime Achievement Award in Performing Arts
- The Reggae Girls
The People’s Choice Award categories: Persons will vote via social media and text messages, voting will begin March 1, 2019 for this category see the press for more details.
Best Female Performance for 2018 – The Nominees are (Spice Reggae Sumfests 2018, Shenseea BET Experience 2018, Dovey Magnum Home Coming Performance, Yanique Curvy Diva Dream Weekend 2018 Performance and Dangel performance at 100 Live)
Top Trending Female Artist for 2018 – The Nominees are (Spice, Shenseea, Ishawna, Shauna Chynn, and Yanique Curvy Diva)
Best Female Dancer of The Year – The Nominees are (Dancing Rebel, Happy Feet, and Desha Ravers)
Most Fashionable Female Artist – The Nominees are (Shenseea, Dangel, Yanique Curvy Diva, Spice, and Shauna Chynn)
Queen of Radio – The Nominees are Miss Kitty, ZJ Sparks, DJ Sunshine, Lady Renee, and DJ Naz.
Gem of Dancehall Awards nominees – The Nominees are Stylish, Starface, Shauna Chynn, Dovey Magnum, D.I.